As Deep Learning Researcher at Qualcomm, you develop and quickly iterate on innovative research ideas, and prototype and implement them in collaboration with other researchers and software engineers. You stay up to date with the latest research in the field and publish papers at scientific conferences. You create impact and engage with other teams to see your ideas deployed on millions of devices, such as mobile phones, AR/VR headsets, or autonomous vehicles.
Our projects include the following research areas:
- Power efficiency: Neural network design, compression, quantization, algorithms, efficient hardware, and conditional computation
- Perception: Efficient architectures and algorithms for understanding images and videos. Deep learning applied to cameras, RF signals, and other sensors
- Personalization and federated learning: Continuous learning, model adaptation, and privacy-preserving distributed learning
- Wireless AI: Machine learning design for wireless communication and sensing, wireless perception, learning on edge-device, inverse problems, weakly/semi-supervised learning
- Combinatorial optimization: Solving optimization problems using reinforcement learning and graph neural networks
- Data compression: Deep generative models trained to compress audio, images, and video
- Causality and Interactive Learning: Causal representation learning, interactive causal discovery, (hierarchical) reinforcement learning & skill/affordance learning
- Efficient learning: Robust learning through minimal data, unsupervised learning, and on-device learning
Working at Qualcomm means being part of a global company (headquartered in San Diego) that fosters a diverse workforce and puts emphasis on the learning opportunities and professional development of its employees. You will work closely with researchers that have published at major conferences, work on campus at the University of Amsterdam, where you have the opportunity to collaborate with academic researchers through university partnerships such as the QUVA lab, and live in a scenic, vibrant city with a healthy work/life balance and a diversity of cultural activities.
In addition, you can join plenty of mentorship, learning, peer, and affinity group opportunities within the company. In this way you can easily develop personal and professional skills in your areas of interest. You’re empowered to start your own initiatives and, in doing so, collaborate with colleagues in offices across teams and countries.